Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Double C...

Yesterday was by far the longest time I have ever spent on the saddle. The ride out to Dunsmuir was not taxing except for the long climb up Mount Newton. It took me an hour and twenty minutes of steady cycling and an hour to get back. Today, I did my usual commute to work.

I had a track workout scheduled but I decided to take a rest day for a number of reasons including celebrating my son's third birthday. He is in love with his skateboard and I will be enforcing the helmet rule. We all enjoyed the carrot cake and cheesecake. I had a sample of each and topped it with a mug of coffee. Tomorrow is another 12 km "double C" (Commuter Cycling) day to work.

Lately, I have been stopping at Bean Around The World on Fisgard for a morning coffee. The stop has become a daily morning ritual. I have been thinking that maybe I will try and have a coffee at each of batw locations listed at this site: http://www.cowboycoffee.ca/batwlocations.html

No comments: