Wednesday, January 2, 2008

November to January 2008 - Lazy

I have been consciously lazy. As I put it, it is a lifestyle choice, one that comes because of the choice that I made to run. Injuries are inevitable (although I know a couple of iron clad runners...you know, those who can run miles and miles and keep going). I am definitely not one of those and I also do not fall into the category of the high end running machines. Those efficient 800 to 1500 meter runners who can take a step or two before the Ferrari catches up to them even though it lasts for a millisecond. I am a mid class vehicle and the lack of maintenance caught up to me. The attempt to push the limit dropped me to the bottom of the lazy hole. I would love one of those Lazy Loungers and snooze like the guy in the photo...I would like heat with that please. I managed a 10 min run on January 01, 2008 after a month of lazy lounging. I am tired of the betrayal by my body. The complaints are insidious. I thought a month of pure rest should cure any ailments but my lower back and right Achilles seem to be holding out on me as I attempt to travel back to the roads. What more can I do but accept the fate that I will no longer be able to chase my racing goals. I need no advice the writing is on the wall. On a lighter note, I managed to land a new position that should present challenges and I hope new rewards. I hope that working in a beleaguered resource industry will be kind to me. Lets hope that 2008 brings me some good running news. So far, at least at the work front, I am hitting 100%

No comments: