Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Track Session

At 11:40 a.m., I jogged passed the stadium thinking of the inevitable focus that will be needed to get the workout done. After 20 minute warm up, I was back going thorough the gate enjoying the sunshine and having a closer look at the newly installed benches on the back straight of the track. I did some strides then set off on my 5 x 1 k session with a 60 second rest. I was pleased with the session but the effort was definitely tiring. I was planning on tacking on a last 1 k repeat but called it a day after number five. Splits tell one side of the story: 3:20; 3:22; 3:20; 3:20; 3:25. I had to run around a couple of runners in lane one and made my way some water puddles. The rainy season started earnestly but at least we had sunshine today. I have an hour run scheduled tomorrow then it will be back to some fast running.

No comments: