Friday, September 4, 2009

Mt. Tolmie Sunrise


I have been slowly waking up the lungs, stretching the legs and shaking the mind to the new reality of training. I have had a productive two months of building up my runs from 30 mins to 1 hr 24 (my longest run). Thanks to prompting from one running diva, I am updating this blog to say - I am back and holding on to the running wagon. Today, I had company of the diva and Mr. J.P. discussing the recent budget and its ramifications. It was nice to have some company and I realized how much I have missed the social aspect of running. Tomorrow's run will be with the Champ at 6:30 a.m., it will be my first hard session and I am looking forward to it. I have to remember to reign myself and do only what is planned rather than chase the old me - the fit me. See you on the trails, roads and soon at the races. I have my motivation and I am crossing my fingers that the body holds up as I push it awake from the depths of unfit haze.

No comments: