Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday edition

Check out this story on the effects of group training: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8257716.stm Personally, I enjoy running with a group. I am more motivated to get to the end of the run and can 'suffer' a little longer knowing that we are all on the same boat...or is it that I enjoy the social aspect of the group training. Either way, it must work as most Kenyans and now all elite athletes train in groups or have training partners. I find runners to be social creatures and I am sure running in a group helps one feed off others strengths and build up ones weaknesses...it works for me. I can't comment on the validity of group training in rowing as I have never rowed. Isn't rowing a group sport? unless you are in a single boat I guess. A little rumbling from my friday edition.

Training:

Thursday, 18 September - 60 mins

Friday, 19 September - 60 mins

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Way to go on the blogging!
Sorry I missed you today. I ran early and it was only 30' anyway...

nomad said...

no problem. i got it in early. good luck at the 10k. i wish i was there and you could drag me through the course.