Thursday, October 22, 2009

No X

There was no running on Saturday as the rain came down in buckets. Only some brave and dedicated souls were out there. I ran a long undulating 75 min run on Sunday around 10 mile point. I think I found a perfect route that takes me around seaview, arbutus, queenswood around the university and back home. The only downside is that its all road running and the downhills are taking a toll on my legs.
On Monday, I ran a short 40 min run around the campus. On Tuesday, I went back up and around 10 mile point this time abbreviating the route and returning in 50 minutes. On Wednesday, I did a short 35 min run and today was another 40 min run followed by light weights at the campus gym. I will rest on Friday before getting some faster running on Saturday.
So far, the legs feel fine except for the shins which must be hurting from the downhills. Having said this, I am starting to enjoy working up and down the hills. The plan is to continue working on increasing the mileage for the next two months before taking a break in December.
I have decided to not do any cross country races including the BC X championships which happen on Halloween day. It would have been good to do it but I just don't feel like rushing to and from a race on Halloween. Especially, since the kids are looking forward to collecting candies from the neighbours and I am looking forward to eating a big portion of them.

No comments: