Thursday, September 24, 2009

Short update

Sunday, Sept 20 - Rest
Monday, Sept 21 - 45 minutes running over undulating terrain
Tuesday, Sept 22 - 75 minutes easy running
Wednesday, Sept 23 - Rest
Thursday, Sept 24 - 75 minutes total (15 minute w/up and c/down - 45 minutes easy running + 15 minutes of tempo)

Some observations so far from my training: it is taking me less time to recover from each run and I am able to add some drills at the end of each run. I am sleeping well, eating tonnes of food and I am sure our food budget is ballooning.

The weather has been great in the mornings. Today, there was a blanket of fog and it was warmer than usual. I hid my jacket in the bushes before my tempo and I am glad I did that because I was perfectly dressed for the weather. I signed up for the RVM 8 k race which is scheduled for October 11 and I should get a good indication of my fitness level following the race. In 2006, I ran the same race in 27:07 and I will be happy if I ran close to this time. I also ran the 2006 BC cross country 10 k in 35:27 and I hope to ran the cross this year which is on halloween day - 20 days after the 8 k (Oct. 31). For now, the training continues.

No comments: